Thursday, March 19, 2009

Janjiku pada mama


Year 1994:2.30 pm


"Nanti, kalau ude ngan aishah dah besar mesti hantar mama kat rumah orang tua, kan?"

Aku terkejut. Statement mama just came out of the blue...but I know it got something to do with the drama we were watching together that evening..

I said, "Takdelah. Knape mama cakap camtu?" "Haah. Takkan kitorg hantar mama ngan abah kat rumah org tua," adikku petah berkata walaupun umurnya baru 5 tahun.

She hugged us real tight and I swear I could remember her smiling.

A PROMISE WAS MADE.


1995: it was late

I was excited about---something (forgive the bad memory) and in all my frivolity and innocence, I asked my beloved mother, "Apa impian mama?"

"Mama ingat satu hari nanti, mama nak travel satu dunia. I want to see the world."

Amazed by her resolution, I replied, "Kalau ude dah besar nanti..dah byk duit, ude bawak mama melancong satu dunia. Kite gi same-same."

Mama tersenyum.

ANOTHER PROMISE WAS MADE.

Will I be who I was then?


Narrated by Abu Hurairah; a man came to Prophet SAW and said:

"Oh Messenger of Allah, who among the people is most deserving of my good company?" He said, "Your mother." He asked, "Then who?" He said, "Your mother." He asked, "Then who?" He said, "Your mother." He asked, "Then who?" He said, "Then your father."

(Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

5 comments:

aw3rz said...

kem salam kat ecah.hehe

Unwitting Self said...

Die kate wa'alaykumsalam.
Pastu die kem salam balik.

[ taicho ] said...

rie~ miss ur mom sooooo much..nnti kim slm kt die k =)

nuarasheeq said...

who next? ur mother. n then ur father. teringat lagu yusuf islam. :).aku ade 7 adek beradik. cane mak aku besarkan kitorang? satu kemewahan dunie pun tak tertanding ngan effort bonda ku. samelah ngan mama ko n mama2 yang len.

Unwitting Self said...

taicho-insya-Allah..

nuarasheeq-i luv tht song..mothers are one of greatest blessings Allah sent to us.kite patut bersyukur masih diberi peluang utk berbakti